Rangers Press Release
2013 Texas Rangers Fan Fest and Dr Pepper Awards Show to be held January 11-12 at Arlington Convention Center
Tickets go on sale Thursday at 9:00 a.m.
The 2013 Texas Rangers Fan Fest and Dr Pepper Awards Show will take place January 11-12 at the Arlington Convention Center. The details for the events were announced today.
Tickets for Fan Fest will go on sale TOMORROW, Thursday, November 15 at 9:00 a.m. at texasrangers.com/fanfest or by calling 972-RANGERS.
Fan Fest will be a two-day event in 2013: Friday, January 11 from 4:00-10:30 p.m. and Saturday, January 12 from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. The Texas Rangers Dr Pepper Awards Show will be part of the Friday night Fan Fest activities and will take place from 8:00-10:00 p.m. Admission to the Dr Pepper Awards Show is open to all fans with a Friday Fan Fest ticket.
Rangers Fan Fest will once again include a number of interactive and other activities:
- Batting Cage - Life size batting cage with top of the line-pitching machine will pitch safety balls to fans.
- Speed Pitch - Fans will get the opportunity to stand on a mound and test their arms.
- Home Run Derby Field - Fans can hit one "out of the park" ... literally. This mini Rangers Ballpark will provide fun and entertainment for all ages.
- Locker Room/ American League Trophy display - This great photo opportunity will allow fans to feel they are in the real Rangers clubhouse and have their pictures taken with the 2010 and 2011 American League Trophies.
- Ground Ball / Fly Ball catch - Fans will be able to test their skills against a pop-fly or ground ball in this area.
- Team Photo Opportunity -- Fans will be able to have their picture taken with the 2012 team! Fan Fest will feature a life-size team photo cut out.
- Lil Sluggers - This interactive will be for the young Rangers fans (8 and under). It will be decorated with MLB Mascots - kids can step up and hit the whiffle balls off a tee.
- Event Stage - The Event Stage will be a highlight of the event. Fans will be treated to Q&A sessions with current and former players as well as special interest topics about the Texas Rangers. The stage will also have a dance contest, giveaways, and much more throughout the weekend!
- Steal Home Challenge - Fans can race against the clock from third base to home plate and compare their speed with their favorite Rangers.
- Autograph Stages will be located in the main Exhibit Hall. Autographs signings will be posted approximately two hours in advance of each session and will include numerous current and former Rangers. Attendees will be announced as they are confirmed.
- Photo Stage - Throughout the event, fans will be able to get their photos taken with their favorite Rangers personalities.
The Texas Rangers Dr Pepper Awards Show was held for the first time in 2012 and will once again include a number of award presentations to Rangers players and other baseball personalities. There will also be live entertainment and other special festivities.
Fan Fest admission will be $25.00 for adults and $15.00 for children 13 and under for a one-day pass and $40.00 for adults and $25.00 for children 13 and under for a two-day pass. A limited number of Autograph Fast Passes, which guarantee the Fast Pass holders every autograph for every player who will be participating in the formal autograph sessions on Friday and Saturday with "front of the line" access, will also be on sale for $500 per pass (Fan Fest event tickets are additional cost). Full details and rules for the Autograph Fast Pass are posted on texasrangers.com/fanfest.