White Sox Press Release
New food items added to U.S. Cellular Field offerings for 2013 season
CHICAGO - Building off of the already unique food offerings at U.S. Cellular Field, the Chicago White Sox will debut an expanded menu for fans on Opening Day, Monday, April 1.
"Each year, we listen to our fans and strive to improve our services based on their feedback," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. "We consistently work to offer White Sox fans a variety of fresh and new retail and concession items at U.S. Cellular Field, and this year is no different."
Sportservice, the official retail and concession operator of the White Sox, will feature their new menu offerings on the ballpark's 100-level and 500-level. Fans can look forward to enjoying the following new concession items:
- Bull's BBQ: Named and created by longtime fan favorite and member of the 1983 "Winning Ugly" White Sox, Greg Luzinski, this sweet bbq pork certainly will be offered at the two BBQ locations (sections 151 and 531) in the ballpark.
- Comiskey Burger: A staple in all true Chicagoans' diets, the Chicago Dog has now been incorporated into a cheeseburger fresh off the grill. The burger will be sold as a double or triple cheeseburger topped with "Chitown Pico", a relish salsa creation made with all the Chicago Dog ingredients (sport peppers, green relish, diced tomato and onions) topped with celery salt. The Comiskey Burger will be featured at the two Burger Barn locations in the ballpark (sections 113 and 529).
- Walking Taco: This new food item consists of a bag of Fritos served with stadium nacho cheese, chili and a fork. The Walking Taco can now be found in the big leagues in sections 110, 164 and 544.
- Meatball Sandwich: A Chicago favorite, the meatball sandwich will be served on an Italian roll with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese in sections 121 and 522.
- New Beer Offerings: In section 112 there will be a new Craft Beer location featuring Henry Weinhards, Batch19, Third Shift and Blue Moon Agave Blonde Ale. The Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar also will feature Third Shift, Redd's Apple Ale and Blue Moon Agave Blonde Ale. All will be available in the new souvenir Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar pilsner glass. Adding to the local offerings, Ebel's Weiss from Two Brothers Brewery, a Chicagoland local brewery, and Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler will be available at the Midwest Brews Locations in sections 155, 141, 109 and 530.
- Juice and Milk: Apple Juice and 2% milk will be available for purchase in sections 130 and 529.
Fans enjoying the Club Level, Diamond Suite or Stadium Club experience at U.S. Cellular Field can enjoy Levy Restaurant's newest menu items including:
- Winning Ugly Grand Slam: In honor of the 1983 White Sox, a grand slam of Italian beef, Italian sausage patty, pork chop and bacon covered with giardiniera, sautéed onions and peppers on eight inch muffalatta bread (Club Level).
- Pepper-Glazed Goat Cheese Spread: Savory warm, sweet-spicy goat cheese dip, served with pita chips and toasted baguette slices (Diamond Suites and Stadium Club).
- South Side Double Steakburger: Two 1/3 lb. custom blend steakburgers with American cheese, lettuce, tomato and secret sauce on a brioche bun (Club Level Concessions); and in the stands fans can also get crinkle fries to complete the burger experience.
- Tuna, Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich Trio: A Chicago deli style plate with caraway rye, pumpernickel and assorted rolls served with pickle spears (Diamond Suites).
- Rip and Dip: Delicious four cheese garlic bread served with marinara and ranch dipping sauces (Club Level and Stadium Club).
- Eleven City Diner Bloody Mary: A local favorite makes a debut at U.S. Cellular Field as this signature drink is added to the line-up.